ISODARCO Course on:
"ADVANCING TECHNOLOGY, NUCLEAR WEAPONS SECURITY AND INTERNATIONAL STABILITY"
ANDALO (TRENTO) - ITALY
7 - 14 January 2021
Director of the School: Carlo Schaerf (Isodarco, Rome, Italy)
Directors of the Course: Deborah Louis (ISODARCO, Boston, MA, USA)
Steven Miller (Belfer Center, Harvard University, Cambridge, MA, USA)
With support from the Carnegie Corporation of New York
Isodarco reserves the right to cancel the course, postpone it, or modify the program depending on the development of the world health situation.
- English will be the working language of the School. There will be approximately 70 participants who are expected to attend all lectures and seminars and to stay for the whole of the weeklong course.
- Applications should be submitted with the following information, required also from those who have previously attended Isodarco sessions: full name; date and place of birth; gender; present full address (including e-mail address, telephone, and fax numbers, if available); nationality; degree and/or other academic qualifications; current professional activities and work address; list of publications and fields of interest; in place of publications, a letter of recommendation from a professor or a scholar in the field.
- Applications should be submitted on-line at www.isodarco.it
or sent by email to the Director of the School:
Prof. CARLO SCHAERF at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Applicants who need a visa to come to Italy should apply to Isodarco by Saturday, October 10, 2020, indicate in their application to which Italian Consulate they intend to apply and apply for the visa immediately after being accepted to attend the School. Many Italian Consulates are reluctant to grant visas for a course that lasts only one week and therefore the applicants must provide the Italian Consular Authorities with evidence of their professional qualifications and their specific interest in the topic of the course and convince them that their only reason to come to Italy is to attend the Isodarco course. Isodarco is an NGO and is not able to influence the decisions of the Italian Consular Authorities.
Applicants who do not need a visa should apply by Saturday, November 7, 2020.
- Applications will be considered by the Organizing Committee on the basis of the information submitted.
All applicants will be informed of the Committee's decision as soon as possible and before November 16, 2020 (those who need a visa before October 19).
- Participants are requested to arrive to Andalo any time on Thursday, January 7, 2021, and leave on the morning of Thursday, January 14, 2021. The course ends on Wednesday evening.
- For the organization of the event participants are requested a contribution of 500.00 Euros. A reduced contribution of 300.00 Euros is requested from students born in 1994 or after and from participants from Countries with foreign currency problems. If you wish to be considered for the reduced contribution you must explain in your application why you qualify for it. Participants will be housed in double or triple rooms at Hotel Gruppo Brenta or nearby hotels or residences. The contribution for single room accommodation, if requested and available, will be 800.00 Euro; participants asking to share a room with somebody in particular, if possible, will be requested an additional 50.00 Euro per person.
- A limited number of family members can be accommodated at Hotel Gruppo Brenta or nearby. The contribution for room and board for each person is 550.00 Euro for the entire period. Given the limited number of places for families, each request will be examined on an individual basis. Participants wishing to bring their families are requested to submit their application as soon as possible.
- The school has no funds to help participants to meet travel expenses.
- The Course will be held at Hotel Gruppo Brenta, via Strigole 1, 38010 Andalo (Trento), Italy. Tel. (+39) 0461 585813, Fax (+39) 0461 585269; email@example.com
- Participants wishing to submit a paper for seminar consideration should enclose a short abstract of their proposed contribution in their application. The Director of the School will reserve some time for seminars considered particularly relevant to the program of the Course
- The Organizing Committee reserves the right to introduce any necessary change to the program.
- M. Providing us with your information requested in these forms you consent to our use of it to process your application, in compliance with the provisions of the current legislation on data protection (EU Regulation 2016/679). The information you provide us with will not be used for purposes other than processing your registration to the course or any other use requested by Italian legislation. No additional personal data of yours will be collected. No personal profiling based on your data will be performed by or on behalf of Isodarco. For more information look at: Legal Information Page.
- Your contribution can be paid with a bank draft to the Isodarco bank account or with Credit Card through PayPal.
After you have been admitted and secured your visa (if necessary) pay the amount indicated in your letter of admission before Sunday, December 6, 2020.
Your admission will be confirmed only after we have received your payment.
All contributions will be returned if the world health situation should force cancellation, or postponement, or major changes in the program of the course and you cancel your participation.
If you wish to receive any additional information on the subject, please, send an E-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org