ISODARCO Course on:
"GLOBAL SECURITY & REGIONAL DISORDER: EVOLVING CHALLENGES, ELUSIVE SOLUTIONS?"
KYRENIA - NORTH CYPRUS
7 - 12 April 2019
Director of the School: Carlo Schaerf (Isodarco, Rome, Italy)
Directors of the Course: Aylin Gürzel (Eastern Mediterranean University, Famagusta, North Cyprus)
Steven Miller (Belfer Center, Harvard University, Cambridge, MA, USA)
Information form for invited lecturers, observers and staff
- English will be the working language of the School. There will be approximately 50 participants who are expected to attend all lectures and seminars and to stay for the whole five-day-long course.
- Participants should fill the application form with the following information, required also for those who have previously attended Isodarco sessions: full name; date and place
of birth; gender; present full address (including e-mail address, telephone and fax numbers, if available); nationality; degree and/or other academic qualifications; current professional
activities and work address; list of publications and fields of interest; in lieu of publications, a letter of recommendation from a professor or a scholar in the field.
- Applications should be submitted on-line at http://www.isodarco.it
- Citizens of all countries may enter North Cyprus with a passport but without a visa for up to 90 days except for the citizens of Armenia and Nigeria who must obtain a visa at one of the
diplomatic mission of Northern Cyprus.
Citizens of Turkey and the European Union may enter using national ID cards instead of a passport.
- Applicants who do not need a visa should apply by Monday, February 11th, 2019.
Applicants who need a visa should apply by Monday, January 14th, 2019
- Applications will be considered by the Organizing Committee on the basis of the information submitted.
All applicants will be informed of the Committee's decision as soon as possible and before February 18th, 2019 (those who need a visa before January 21st).
- (work in progress)
- (work in progress)
- The registration fee, which includes attendance, accommodation and full board, is 300.00 Euros. A reduced fee of 200.00 Euros is applied to students born in 1992 or after
and to participants from Countries with foreign currency problems. If you wish to be considered for a reduced fee you must request it in your application and explain why you qualify for it.
Participants will be housed in double or triple rooms at Malpas Hotel or nearby hotels or residences. The registration fee for single rooms, if requested and available, will be 500.00 Euros;
participants asking to share a room with somebody in particular, if possible, will be charged an additional 50.00 Euros per person.
- A limited number of family members can be accommodated at the Malpas Hotel or nearby. Room and board for each person is 350.00 Euros for the entire period.
Given the limited number of places for families, each request will be examined on an individual basis. Participants wishing to bring their family are requested to submit their
application as soon as possible.
- The school has no funds to help participants to meet travel and registration expenses.
- Participants wishing to submit a paper for seminar consideration should enclose a short abstract of their proposed contribution in the application.
The Director of the School will reserve some limited time for seminars considered particularly relevant to the program of the Course.
- The Organizing Committee reserves the right to introduce any necessary change to the program.
- The registration fee can be paid with a bank draft to the Isodarco bank account or with Credit Card through PayPal. After you have been admitted and secured your visa
(if necessary) pay the amount indicated in your letter of admission before Sunday, March 11th, 2019. Your admission will be confirmed only after we have received your payment.
If you wish to receive any additional information on the subject, please, send an E-mail to: email@example.com