Skip to content
- English will be the working language of the School. There will be approximately 80 participants. They are expected to attend all lectures and seminars and to stay throughout the week-long course.
- Applications should be submitted with the following information, which is compulsory even for those who have previously attended Isodarco sessions:
Full name, date and place of birth, gender, full address (including e-mail address, telephone and fax numbers if available). Present nationality. Degree and/or other academic qualifications. Present professional activities and work address. Publication list and field of interest. In lieu of publications, a letter of recommendation from a professor or a scholar in the field. No special application form is required.
We suggest that you apply on-line at www.isodarco.it or you download an application form from the same location..
- Applications should arrive not later than November 15th, 2010 and should be addressed to the Director of the School:
Prof. CARLO SCHAERF
Department of Physics
University of Rome “Tor Vergata”
Via della Ricerca Scientifica 1, 00133 Rome, Italy
Tel.: (+39) 06 72594560/1 — Fax: (+39) 06 2040309
- Applications will be considered by the Organizing Committee on the basis of the information submitted. All the applicants will be informed of the Committee’s decision as soon as possible but not later than November 22nd, 2010.
- Participants are requested to arrive at Andalo any time on Sunday, January 9th, 2011 and leave in the morning of Sunday, January 16th, 2011. The course ends on Saturday before lunch.
- The nominal admission fee which includes attendance, accommodation and full board is 350,00 Euro. A reduced fee of 200,00 Euro is applied to students without a salary born in 1985 or after and to participants from Countries with foreign currency problems. If you wish to be considered for a reduced fee you must explain in your application why you qualify for it. Participants will be housed in double or triple rooms. The admission fee for single rooms, if requested and available, will be 650,00 Euro; participants asking to share a room with somebody in particular, if this is possible, will be charged an additional 50,00 Euro for each person.
- A limited number of family members can be accommodated at the Hotel Gruppo Brenta or nearby. Room and board for each member is Euro 400,00 for the entire period. Admission of families is limited and will be examined on an individual basis. Participants wishing to bring their families are requested to submit their application as soon as possible.
- The school has no funds with which to defray travelling expenses.
- The Course will be held at Hotel Gruppo Brenta, via Strigole 1, 38010 Andalo (Trento), Italy. Tel.(+39) 0461 585813, Fax (+39) 0461 585269. (http://www.gruppobrenta.it)
- Participants wishing to submit a paper for seminar consideration should enclose a short abstract of their proposed contribution in their application. The Director of the School will reserve some limited time for seminars considered particularly relevant to the programme of the Course.
- The Organizing Committee reserves the right to introduce any necessary changes to the program.
- Please mention in your application if you need a visa, indicating to which Italian Consulate you intend to apply. As it takes some time to receive a visa we urge participants requiring it to apply to the School as early as possible and to apply for the visa immediately after being accepted to attend the School.
Please note that the concession of visas is at the discretion of the Italian Consulates Offices, and Isodarco, as an NGO, is not able to influence their decision. It is the responsibility of participants to provide the Italian Consulates with evidence that they intend to return to their own countries at the end of the course.