1. English will be the working language of the school. There will be approximately 50-70 participants who are expected to stay the entire week-long course and attend all lectures and seminars.
2. Applications must include the following information, which has to be submitted as well by those who have attended previous Isodarco sessions: full name; date and place of birth; gender; present full address, email address, and (if available) telephone and fax numbers; nationality; degree and/or other academic qualifications; fields of interest, current professional activities, and work address; a list of publications or a letter of recommendation from a professor or a scholar in these disciplines.
4. Applicants who need a visa to come to Italy should apply to Isodarco by Monday, October 9th, 2023, indicating in their application to which Italian Consulate they intend to apply, and apply for the visa immediately after being accepted to attend the course. Many Italian Consulates are reluctant to grant visas for a course that lasts only one week and therefore applicants must provide the Italian Consular Authorities with evidence of their professional qualifications and their specific professional interest in the topic of the course and convince them that their only reason to come to Italy is to attend the Isodarco course. Isodarco, as an NGO, is not able to influence the decisions of the Italian Consular Authorities.
Applicants who do not need a visa should apply by Monday, November 6th, 2023.
5. Participants at Isodarco courses must respect all Italian laws and regulations, and especially those relating to the world health situation.
6. Applications will be considered by the Organizing Committee on the basis of the information submitted.
All applicants will be informed of the Committee’s decision as soon as possible and before November 14th, 2023 (those who need a visa before October 17th).
7. Participants are requested to arrive at Andalo any time on Sunday, January 7th, 2024, and leave in the morning of Sunday, January 14th, 2024. The course ends on Saturday evening.
8. Participants are requested a contribution of 500.00 Euros. A reduced contribution of 300.00 Euros is requested from students born in 1997 or after and from participants from countries with foreign currency problems. If you wish to be considered for the reduced contribution you must explain in your application why you qualify for it. The contribution includes participation in the course and room and full board at Andalo for the entire duration of the course. Participants will be housed in double or triple rooms at Hotel Gruppo Brenta or nearby hotels or residences. The contribution for single room accommodation, if requested and available, will be 800.00 Euros; if single rooms are not available, applicants will be informed that they can be hosted only in double room and asked if they agree with this accommodation. Participants wishing to share a double room will be requested an additional contribution of 50.00 Euros each if we can meet their request.
9. A limited number of family members can be accommodated at the Hotel Gruppo Brenta or nearby. The contribution for room and board for each person is 550.00 Euros for the entire period. Given the limited number of places for families, each request will be examined on an individual basis. Participants wishing to bring their family should submit their application as soon as possible.
10. The school has no funds to help participants to meet travel expenses.
12. Participants wishing to submit a paper for seminar consideration should enclose a short abstract of their proposed contribution in their application. The Director of the School will reserve some limited time for seminars considered particularly relevant to the program of the Course.
13. By providing us with your information requested in these forms you consent to our use of it for the examination of your application to the course, in compliance with the provisions of the current legislation on data protection (EU Regulation 2016/679). The information you provide us with will be only used for your registration to the course and any other use requested by Italian legislation. No additional personal data of yours will be collected by us. No personal profiling based on your data will be performed by or on behalf of Isodarco. For more information refer to Legal Information Page.
14. The contribution can be sent with a bank draft to the Isodarco bank account or with Credit Card through PayPal. After you have been admitted and secured your Visa (if necessary) send the contribution indicated in your letter of admission before Sunday, December 3rd, 2023. Your admission will be confirmed after we have received your contribution.
16. Isodarco reserves the right to cancel the course, postpone it, or introduce changes in the program depending on the development of the world health situation.
Should the situation force cancellation, postponement, or major changes in the program of the course, Isodarco will return all contributions received from the participants who will not attend.